Riding The Storm

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another one from Friday's outing. I don't think I mentioned how nasty it was outside :grumpy: Storm front made for nice clouds, but the sacrifice was the wind and blowing sand. You can see the white sand blowing up in the back ground. To give you an idea of how hard the wind was blowing, that blowing sand is about 3/4 mile away. Sometimes you can't even see the mountains in the bg it gets so thick :(

56774176-L.jpg

Thanks guys!
JonK said:
this is a sweet shot...love that sand kickin up and the menacing clouds. another awesome capture jake:D super conversion too!
I was kinda worried about having that show up good?

Sorry, no color version. Well...there is an original, but it went straight to b/w ;)

Well, this is quite appealing.
For several reasons.
A) the vanishing point of the rail track (vanishing points do as much to me as the colour green does, as long as it is "natural green").
B) The dark, brooding, overhanging cloud cover - so detailed that we even get to see where the first rain is beginning to fall (did it reach the ground?)
C) The sand storm, of course! That is such a cool capture. I assume you managed to get your camera and lenses out of it before the sand arrived?

Excellent image Woody. The walls in your house must look amazing, with all these brilliant images you capture.

Yea this is great woody, that sand kicking up looks awsome....stormy weather in the desert rules! :thumbup:

what an amazingly moody shot!

(hope all your equipment cleaned up well!)

ok, first, just another magnificent shot....your just really going on out there...great great shot, my friend..

second... your standing on train tracks... woodsac... your standing on train tracks...

big trains come thru there, pretty dang fast...

would you please quit scaring me??

Thanks again...tons!
Yep, got in the truck no problem here. But I did get blasted once while I was out there. It just came so quick that I couldn't get away. Just had to turn my back to it, put my lens against my stomach and ride it out ;)

Chiller said:
The walls in your house must look amazing, with all these brilliant images you capture.
Someone else just mentioned this a couple days ago. Not a single print in our house right now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back