Right... that's it I'm getting outta here...

Triehard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...if you won't stop waving that camera in my face.:D

Background info: This is Elooi a premature baby & that is why his legs are a bit reddish. He was only 7 months with his mother but could'nt wait to get out.
He was very vivid and that shows in the pics i took from him.
Sorry can't give exif it seems somehow all my exif's are gone.:(
Hope you can dig this very first shot taken from him.

:alien:

I got it...just didnt "feel" it. Some photos are just more cute to people hwo know the subject...ya know?

@Kellylindsey & Emeralna I deliberately took this shot cuz it completely turned away from the cliché type of kiddypics you can find everywhere where they lie there just being cute.(Don't take this unkind);)
This does not mean at all that I can't appreciate the regular shots taken and posted here. On the contrary they are spot on and very well composed and processed, specially yours Kelly, but anyway I'm used on running against the wind :)
Ohh yes before I forget ...the skin tone has'nt been tampered with, it was the actual color, I think it's because he was only about 2 days out of the incubator and i think sometimes that is the colour of a premature child :?:
It seems that only Lacey Anne saw the humour in this shot.:thumbup:
Ps later on I will show some other pics i took from him (equally different)

what kind of flash did you use for this shot?

I am all for unique child shots, trust me. I just feel this one doesn't work.

@Kellylindsey, if my memory is correct it was the popup flash on my D70 that did the job.
Hope you will dig the one's I'll post later on say ...next week or so.:eyebrows:

ah that would be why I'm not digging this picture. The pop up flash should be avoided at all costs. It's castign bad light on the legs and harshly on your backdrop.

Look forward to seeing different ones from you!

Looks like a muscular little guy. Yup that is total preemie color. After having one myself their color is not the same as a normal newborn, you can see more of there blood cells through there skin. Cute pic I can't wait to see the rest.

i agree it is totally preemie color. good picture i like it. Hope to get to see the rest soon.

:D

@maytay20 & cjkriebel thx aswell for your c & c's.
@Kellylindsey I know, popup flashes often s**k bigtime.
But at that time it was all I had.:cyclops:

The reason I didn't pick on the skin is because I had two preemies. It's spot on.
I would definately avoid the pop-up flash though, for all the reasons Kelly stated. Try bouncing your flash instead.
I do see the humor in the shot. I'm not sure though that it's a shot I would want to hang on my wall, kwim? I don't think that's what you were going for though, so no worries. Sometimes you've just gotta have fun.
BTW, did the little guy have some jaundice issues too? He looks a tad yellow (and I know my preemies did!). Perhaps he was running from your light because it reminded him of the billy light. lol!

I have held preemies, though never had one of my own. I still see color issues that are stemming from the use of pop up flash.

Preemies do tend to be that lobster-y color, but the pop up flash has changed it's hue to something I feel is not accurate. (although, it appears I am alone in seeing this.)

I totally appreciate what you were trying to do and it could be really cute of funny. I just didnt love it. Might be the pop up flash, but something just didnt speak to me. Maybe if it was a nice soft light, a big cloth diaper on his bum. Maybe a slightly different angle. a different blanket and back ground. Anyways, I am not trying to be hard, just giving my honest impression.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back