Rika and Emma

plumkrazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are pictures of the girl I'm seeing now and her baby. Taken with a Canon Rebel T2. For both I adjusted the levels and added the sepia in PS. The second shot I added soft focus in PS, not sure if I like it. We have been getting the film developed at Walgreens and get a CD with it and that's what I use to edit, not sure how the quality of the images are on the CD but they turn out ok. I just wanted to know what everyone thought.

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

If you took the pruning sheers to that distracting out of focus fern on the left it would be a superb shot! :thumbup: Even the bird wire mesh creates a beautiful pattern across the image. I also love the blend of textures in the mother's hair and the wooden fence in the background.

Even with the fern it is still a nice shot. The bottom one is nice too it kind of has an old early 20th century antique look to it.

:cheers:

hmmm.... interesting. I was trying to frame the first shot with the fern, but it doesn't really go with the overall theme. I was more concerned with the column and the wire mesh as distractions. And the second shot I liked because it turned out like an old antique picture. Thank you for your thoughts, I have a hard time critiquing my own pictures.

You know, I actually kind of like the fern.. it gives a feeling of "looking in" on them. Try it iwthout and see how you like it. I really really like the coloring you've done on these photos though.. the last one is great!

My only critique on the last one is that it seems a bit overdone on the blur. I usually blur mine a bit (especially on the people/children pictures) for the dreamy look, but on this one I'd like to see a bit more of their faces.

How long have you had the Canon Rebel? I'm thinking of buying myself one but haven't had anyone that had one to ask about it.

Thank you. I thought the same thing about the fern when I first took the picture. And for the second I downloaded a plugin for soft focus and this was the first photo I tried it with. It does look too soft though. And the Canon Rebel t2 is actually hers, and I haven't used it a whole lot. She is not into photography so she knows nothing about the camera. But overall it's a pretty nice camera compared to my Kodak dx4530 el cheapo. The lense is nice and the cameras fairly easy to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back