Ring Shots

I do ring shots at the very end of the night, like when they're dancing. It's typically the last thing I do before I leave. Here's my try:

IMG_4419RT.jpg

I have others, but they're not on this computer :( I'll have to post more later :)

I don't have the pictures with me :-/ ill try to find it tonight

But our photographer used our hershey kisses on the table with all the confetti around, lined them up 3 in a row and put the ring on the kisses. I thought it was creative & cute.

Love the pictures everyone!

Here are a few of mine.

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

I know the rings in this one are a little soft. Had some DOF probs. I like the concept though, having them on top of the wine bottle (though I was SO afraid the bride's ring would fall in!!).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Thanks!

I also try and get them while the couple is eating. Like Cindy, it gives me time to play with all the odd stuff laying around.

185534640-M.jpg

172764575-M.jpg

152384675-M.jpg

Excellent shots Woodsac! Haven't seen you around, you probably don't know me. :D

hopefully the bride has both rings with her before the wedding and i shoot them then...however, usually around dinner time i try to grab them, but not all brides are willing to part wtih them and they miss out on the shot! I do their hands creatively, but sometimes they dont get the rings on their own!

one note on woodsac pic....the closeup of a ring on flowers is great, the closeup of a ring on FAKE flowers is not so great, as its really obvious they are fake...sorry..that jumped out at me on that one.

Hope i qualify for this one as i havnt shot any weddings yet, but here is one i did not long ago of our own rings..

Shot with no additional lighting apart from flash and used white glossy photopaper for the backdrop..

DSC_0003-3-3.jpg

and another..(if your wondering why the LOTR book - that was theme to our wedding :)

SJF_0001-2-5.jpg

one note on woodsac pic....the closeup of a ring on flowers is great, the closeup of a ring on FAKE flowers is not so great, as its really obvious they are fake...sorry..that jumped out at me on that one.
I agree. But when a bride only spends a total of $50 on all the fake flowers, and says "I want one of those cute ring shots on my bouquet."

Well...she gets what she gets :wink:

hopefully the bride has both rings with her before the wedding and i shoot them then...

does the bride have the rings before the wedding in usa.

cause in england the bestman has them

just wondering

Jols,
You are correct. Here in the US the best man, or the groom, usually has the brides wedding ring. She should still have her engagement ring though.

woodsac..yes, you are sooo right!! LOL, sometimes we just have to do what the clients wants, like a long line of a wedding party...i just cringe!!

jols/nicfargo...often i find the bride/bm has them both before the wedding...sometimes bm has the grooms and best man has the brides'...i think it depends on who is most reliable to hang on to them!!! LOL

I'm still a beginner (I wonder when I can stop calling myself that), but I made a diy light/photo/macro/studio box or whatever you want to call it and I tried a ring shot. Now that I have looked at these I realize I did it different than most because I laid the ring down, instead of having it upright. Oh, well I was just experimenting anyway.

Here's the shot:

http://flickr.com/photos/trish1977/2184156591/

Most reactions

Back