Rinse and repeat

Discussion in 'Articles of Interest' started by Braineack, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yes...taken as a series...there's some weight to the idea of using photography as a means to make a point about modern urban society. Curating a bunch of images elevates the mediocre to the level of better-than-mediocre.

And no matter what motives one ascribes to the expressions in the series of pictures shown, my comment is still totally accurate and on-point: there is only ONE happy-appearing person in the web story, the lovely young woman. The remainder of the people project neutral to downright negative expressions.

Apparently, having a happy expression is a sign of something wrong. Mental illness I guess, right?

The use of the derisive term "armchair quarterbacks" is deliberately insulting, and beneath you using it here. Seriously. Uncalled for, totally. I've spent 45 years shooting photos, and this guy shoots like shi+.

But we get it...a life in which the daily norm is walking to work in New York City every day can be kinda' shi++*. For most of the people who live that life.

2. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Suffice it to say the shots are all...pedestrian. Happy 2018!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fred von den Berg

Fred von den Berg No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Interesting project, and, considering it's a record of a very busy place at a very busy time, not bad at all.

4. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

For one thing we're looking at lousy copies on a click bait site (seems like anyway). As already mentioned, if you look at the exhibits they seem more interesting viewed as collections (on his website). They do seem more significant as observations recorded over time than as great quality photographs. Could be kind of fascinating I suppose seeing them on display.

If these people were all smiling I'd have to wonder...