RIP camera

BlueEyedSarah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hope this is the rigt place to put this :blushing:

Went river rafting a few days ago, my friend said I should take my camera, river rafting went bad! Digital camera is now destroyed.

My destroyed camera is a Polaroid 3.2 Mega Pixel Digital Camera. A PDC 3035.

Anyone have any suggestion of a really good digital camera and a cheap good price. I mainly use my camera for vacations/special evnts so a cheap and chearful good zoom camera would be good for my tastes ;)

I think i could help you in this case coz I bought a Digital Camera with a very reasonable price From microglobe.co.uk it is a digital camera shop in london
I was really impressed with the service and the cheap prices. It is also an Online Shop you can see it here: http://www.microglobe.co.uk

vocabulary and style suggest that this is just advertising. this is not the place for cheap advertising though.

As you can see, the post in question has "miraculously" disappeared, and so has the member and the other thread ... now maybe someone has some ideas for Sarah?

so what is your financial limit for this? the p&s market is huge ...
I would say up to at least 100 to 200 pounds. I don't want to go over board with the price as I am only looking for a camera simple for vacation or special event photoes rather than professional photography.

I was hoping some suggestions with what to look for in a basic digital camera as I don't know too much about the whole mega pixels thing :blushing:

The "mega pixels thing" is just how large you want to be able to blow up your pictures, anything above 6 mega pixels should work for you... I work at a Best Buy and usually recommend the Canon's and the Sony's....memory for the sony will cost more. I would steer clear of Kodak and HP. Also, get one with a lithium battery.

My vote is to check out the new Samsung NV series... they are small, good picture, and easy to use. Plus they have some decent manual controls for if you later get into that.
Plus their really sleek and pretty.

Personally, I like the Nikon Coolpix lineup of P&S cameras. I know I'm a tad biased here, as you can see based on my avatar.

However, I really find the Nikon P&S cameras much easier to use and the menus much easier to navigate, as opposed to the Canon or Fuji line. I've had 2 Nikon Coolpix cameras, and have nothing but good to say about them.

Kodak easyshare superzooms normally give you a 10x zoom for $100 USD less than the next contender in the superzoom category.
I think the base of their lineup for 10x zooms is 5 megapixels, which would be fine.

Personally, I like the Nikon Coolpix lineup of P&S cameras. I know I'm a tad biased here, as you can see based on my avatar.

However, I really find the Nikon P&S cameras much easier to use and the menus much easier to navigate, as opposed to the Canon or Fuji line. I've had 2 Nikon Coolpix cameras, and have nothing but good to say about them.
i've found the opposite with coolpix cameras. i shoot nikon, but when it comes to point and shoot, canon's powershot line is soo much easier to use.

Our family (3 kids, 6 grandkids, and 3 significant others) all compete against me with there P&S cameras. We/they have had 4 Nikon Coolpix, 2 Kodak, 2 Fuji, 1 (gasp) Canon, and 1 Vivitar (yuk). Of those 10 cameras, only the Nikons and one Fuji still work. The oldest, a Nikon is almost 9 years old. It has been handed down to my 7 Y.O. grandson and he still shoots it. None have been either drop tested or gone rafting submerged. Although the Canon did bake in the back window of a car until rendered useless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back