RIP my friend.

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just had 2 friends of mine from my old unit tell me that one of my closest friends was killed a few days ago by an IED.

This person made my transition from basic training cherry to the real Army so much smoother because he was one of the popular guys in the platoon.

We hung out all the time in Korea and we got our first Iraq deployment together also. I got hurt and had to leave the Army but he went on his 2nd tour they were just a couple of months from the end of their tour too.

I could not believe it when I first heard about it but then a 2nd person told me and now Im starting to.

Ive been going on the DOD casualty website and I dont see his name but there are two people pending (as of 3:25am 1APR). God I hope his name dosnt come up. He isnt answering his Myspace so theres a bad sign.

http://www.icasualties.org/oif/BY_DOD.aspx

Even though they told me his family has already been notified Im not going to release his name until the DOD website releases it (but god im hoping this is a tastless early April fools joke by those guys in Iraq)

I'm so sorry. That's always hard.

Keep your head up.

RIP

DoD Identifies Army Casualty​

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Sgt. Joe Polo, 24, of Opalocka, Fla., died Mar. 29 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his unit was attacked by enemy forces using an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. Polo was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo.

Picture I took of him with a disposable:

scan20061rv9.jpg

So sorry to hear about your friend, it has to be so hard loosing a good friend.

I lost one of my closest friends 4 years ago in a terrible car accident, and i'll never forget that moment when i got the news.
I really can understand what you're feeling right now. There are no words, just prayers, pain and misery.

I am so sorry! My cousin's fiance' is in Iraq & it is a scary time for everyone. I am sorry for your loss. If you want to share other stories about him I would be interested in reading them. He was so young!

Its sucks when we lose people close to us. I couldnt sleep the last few nights ive been debating whether or not to find out the events of how it happened exactly and I think I do want to know because my mind has been racing when I go to bed imagining what could have happened.

I guess ill leave you guys with a weird picture that shows how fun Joe was.

poloue5.png

Heartfelt condolences to you for losing your friend.:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back