Rip these apart

GrayFox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I consider these some of my best pictures, but I want to have them slaughtered to make it that I can get better. Be honest:

1)
BethSteel003.jpg

2)
2.jpg

3)
ECOH001.jpg

4)
ECOH007.jpg

oOoooo... the mods and sticklers are going to give you a stern posting to about multiple pics...

fwiw, i'll post something about them

1) i'd like it better if the lamp post wasn't in the photo and also if the billows were vertically straight. i love the colors and texture... even the weeds add to it greatly, i just would have taken a few more steps forward to try and not have that lamp on the right side in it.

2) fix the horizon so it's straight, too much sky that doesn't really add anything to the pic, it's a nice pic, but looks more snapshot then carefully composed pic since there doesn't seem to be a strong point of focus. it's sorta nice how the highway leads your eye left to right, but then it takes you to a big pipe on the building... not so good... unless that is your intent. exposure is nice though

3) it's a decent shot, but the hallway is dead center, generally this is regarded as a no-no, generally it's better to have that focal point off center. perhaps more to the left, as to highlight the lines of the pipes and a bit lower point of view. your choice of sides as the left side has a lot of texture and some interesting moss etc., but definitly lower and not centered.

4) the building looks slightly lopsided, i'd straighten that out or the path running across the bottom... the path is somewhat distracting as it's just a horizontal line across the shot. the shot seems to lack a focal point also, it's a building, but so what? unless you're shooting the building for a brochure, it doesn't seem to have anything else interesting about it. the sky is completely blown out on my screen... the whiteness is not only uninteresting, but it's quite distracting, as it throws the color balance of the photo off. in these situations, i generally try to expose for the sky a bit more, and then recover detail in the foreground subjects by fiddling with levels or whatever.

hope that's what you were looking for...

Hmmm. Good out of camera stuff. Excellent IMO in fact, but they could go SO much further in my opinion. The first one in particular.

OK...here it goes... (just remember I'm a newbie!! LOL!!)

#1 ...Nothing too interesting there for me, however....I'm really quite drawn to the lamp (at the right). I think THAT could really make a great pic! ...Especially if say there was a long, loney, narrow deserted road leading up a hill...sorry, I digress.

#2. Not sure....it's not bad, it just doesn't grab me??

#3. This has great potential!!! I agree with the person who said it wasn't good to have it centered. I'd like to see what it would look like if you took a step or two to the left (and got a little lower)....I think the windows would look great! I also love that subtle colour on the wall!!!

#4. It's 'ok', but it's so dark...I don't see much detail in the building itself. There are some nice details in the building that might look great if they were the main focus--for example....some of the windows on top of the building are interesting. Also, the building seems to have a lean to it....it appears to be leaning backwards.

Most reactions

Back