River at daybreak

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Critiques would be welcome.

AguaFriacanyon.jpg

IMO...it looks like underexpose, but you have picked a great location/view for your shot.

Thanks for the comments, and thanks very much for the edit, abraxas. Your edit convinces me that I should boost the highlights a bit in the parts that aren't in shadow. I'm not so sure about bringing out the shadow detail. Your taste buds are better than mine, though, so I'm probably wrong. :)

Mersad, I'm glad that it inspired you, and yours is an interesting take on it. It's understandable that you substituted a more interesting sky. I was hoping for some clouds that morning but there were none.

abraxas, my first work-up had lots of shadow detail. I decided to simplify it by taking the shadows down. I'm always interested in how you would see a shot, though. I've learned a lot from your comments and I appreciate them.

The comments prompted me to redo it. I still seem to want dark shadows. Thanks for all the help.

AguaFriaCanyonrevisedtwo_MG_7815.jpg

Last edited:
The image is very beautiful. I like how the S - water curve leads the view.

Thanks very much, ValDR.

That looks real sharp! I like the effects you added! :thumbup:

I have tried something too. I know it's a little out there, because i used some effects, but i really felt inspired by your image FoxPaw.

foxpawedit.jpg

Most reactions

Back