River in the Forest

Ganoderma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This river cought my eye while mushroom pcking in the winter.

November/rainy Vancouver Island BC, Canada. Nikon CP5400

would you guys think that a faster shutter speed would be good? i ahd some pictures not turn out and it stayed lighter but could see the water. i kind of like the soft cloudy look of water pictures with slow shutter speed. this was 1/8 i think with an aperture of 3 something (sorry i forget exactly).

any thoughts?
r2.jpg

r3.jpg

my thoughts: it's beautiful, it's rich in color and i love the way the water looks.

excellent thanks a lot! i have a copy printed at 8x10 with little to no blur or distortion. i was suprised my camera could be enlarged that much (5mp).

thanks again! made my day :mrgreen:

Very nice. Noo I think this shutter speed is perfect. I love the way the water turned out.

they look pretty good to me too... it must have been some fast moving water... i thought you had to go slower than 1/8 to get that good of an effect. nicely done... i'm jealous of all those greens... :thumbup:

thanks for the coments!!!:mrgreen:

yes that water was moving VERY fast! it was just after a good long rain (hence the mushroom picking) and all teh rivers were running quite quickly. The mountains on eastern Vancouver Island are quite wet and steep and allow for some pretty amazing rainforest hiking!

i must come clean though. these pictures were taken not 50 feet from a logging road :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back