River on Fire

Another really nice one!

Thank Kalgra! I looked at your Flickr and loved it, now following you. :)

Your shots are on fire man.

:icon_rr:

Love the shot, the only suggestion I would make (if I may) would be to use a shorter exposure in order to get more detail in the water, I like doing that it adds more energy to the shot, I still love the image the orange at the top is spot on - great job

Love the shot, the only suggestion I would make (if I may) would be to use a shorter exposure in order to get more detail in the water, I like doing that it adds more energy to the shot, I still love the image the orange at the top is spot on - great job

Just curious as I am tying to learn something here, but wouldn't the fact that this is an HDR image negate the effect of a shorter exposure? I suppose you could work around that with some fancy PS work but just processing a 9 image HDR in a basic method even with a shorter exposure still result in the same look s far as the water movement goes? Sorry if my question dosnt make sense.

Just curious as I am tying to learn something here, but wouldn't the fact that this is an HDR image negate the effect of a shorter exposure? I suppose you could work around that with some fancy PS work but just processing a 9 image HDR in a basic method even with a shorter exposure still result in the same look s far as the water movement goes? Sorry if my question dosnt make sense.

You are right Kalgra...because it's an HDR I didn't really have control over the exposure time, as there were 9 different ones. Since it was so dark, the longest was about 30 seconds, which is why it looks pretty soft and flowing. I am still learning long exposure, so thanks for the tips!

Most reactions

Back