River Reflection

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a shot I took while on vacation...comments appreciated!

reflection.jpg

The shot is appropriately titled! Is this a golf course or someone's back yard or what? Will "Alice" come running out? It came up dark on my monitor. I'm sure it's just my monitor, but heads up anyway.

That kicks ass chase. I like how it is dark. It makes that reflected sky and clouds pop out.

Very dreamy, and I can live with the darkness. I love the texture in the reflection.

I hate the bright, blank white sky at the top. Very distracting, and makes the entire image seem very contrasty. Maybe a crop...? I can live with it in the reflection, because it quickly spreads into the clouded area, but at the top it seems to go on forever.

What a golf course water hazard was my first thought too!

Wicked reflection there Chase, nicely done.

I really like this one. My only complaint with it is that what is reflected in the water is not showing in your sky, that it is so blank. It's the only thing keeping it from being completely kick-ass.

I love the way you composed this. I like all that curving water and the perfect reflections, with all that detail. Really nice!

Thanks for the comments...it was one of those shots where there was just too broad a range of light to capture both the reflection and the sky. I agree about the sky being distracting, maybe I will play with a crop. Just got the feeling that cropping the top would cause the framing to feel off.

What a lovely shot.. you've really caught that well! Well done.

Aaron

Most reactions

Back