River Sunrise

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
River Sunrise: Please critique any and all aspects of this shot I took this morning. Thank you.

6x82i3c.jpg

Compositionally, I think it's ok, but the color is too saturated, there are color shifts where there's over exposure, and you should have used a tighter aperture so the sun looks like a star and not a white blob.

I thought a white blob would be better than a star, I mean, this is supposed to be a bright start to the day, soft and whatnot, and I figured anything for a sun other than a white blob would look too unnatural. But thanks for your opinion, I'll try a smaller aperture next time I shoot a sunrise. Thanks again!

Hmm...I like this one too, but I think the other one is a lot more pleasing to the eye because of the color/tonal range with the snow and dark foliage and yellow sun all together. Is that a bridge back there being slighty illuminated by the sun?

Compositionally, I think it's ok, but the color is too saturated, there are color shifts where there's over exposure, and you should have used a tighter aperture so the sun looks like a star and not a white blob.
Thank you so much for that comment, I kept on getting white blobs on my sunset/sunrise pictures and I never figure out why! Finally I know the reason, now it just sounds so obvious, dammit!

I agree on the color saturation, but I love the reflection on the water.

Most reactions

Back