Riverfront silhouette

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Sand_On_The_Breeze, May 12, 2005.

1. Sand_On_The_Breeze

Sand_On_The_Breeze TPF Noob!

I posted this a while ago in the Photo Gallery. I like the mood and empty feel of the photo. Thought I'd finally have it critiqued. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i really like this one! very moody. it seems to have a slight right-to-left tilt though. aside from that i cant think of anything else to critique!

3. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

I think I'd like it better if the lights on those lamp posts were off. I really like the bird sitting on the lamp post to the right, though (Yeah I know, it's not the subject of the photo, I still think it adds to it :))

4. Sand_On_The_Breeze

Sand_On_The_Breeze TPF Noob!

Thanks for the suggestions. It does seem like the railing is slightly tilted, though the horizon appears straight. I'll play around with it and see what works best.

5. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

The image isn't so much tilted. There's a bit of a parallax problem as a result of tipping the camera. This is (of course) remedied with Photoshop.

I do agree. With such a strong, graphic element as the railing, the verticle lines should be plumb.