Road Sign

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am not 100% sure why I like this photo but I do. Im not even sure if its one of the better photos that I took that day but for some reason I am drawn to it.

Its been cropped using photoshop. Heck, im not even sure where I cropped the image is what was best for the photo. I dont know. Take a look if you want.

sign.jpg

the position of the sign and the contrasting colour really makes for a focal point in your image. even if the subject is pretty ordinary. The contrast is the thing that draws me into this image.

I like the bright Yellow against the greys. I also live in Washington State and know all to well what you have to deal with concerning the lack of Sunshine.

That yellow! As if a light were shining from within that street sign.
It is this stark contrast that makes the photo! Going with the fact that all your lines are horizontal, but the sign sticks out of all this vertically. So the sign is in opposition to the rest of the picture in several manners: colour (muted greys in the picture, bright yellow sign), contrast (little contrast in the landscape, great contrast between the yellow of the sign and the black letters) and lines (as said above). And you (intuitively?) followed the rule of thirds.

Your photographer's "eye" has taken the ordinary and made the scene extraordinary. Often, as a viewer, I find these kinds of revelations more compelling to look at than the grander, more majestic landscape pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back