Road Trip Therapy

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Everyone has been blathering about therapy, i was wondering how many of you ever use road trip therapy. Just a very loosely planned trip to somewhere you have never been before. This is my favourite way to release stress. I am constantly in explorer mode, i've find discovering new places (and of course photographing them) a great way to beat mental anguish.

Anybody find this as well?

vonnagy said:
Everyone has been blathering about therapy, i was wondering how many of you ever use road trip therapy. Just a very loosely planned trip to somewhere you have never been before. This is my favourite way to release stress. I am constantly in explorer mode, i've find discovering new places (and of course photographing them) a great way to beat mental anguish.

Anybody find this as well?

Absolutely! I love discovering and exploring new places by myself or with my wife. Have visited many a ruin (Native American) around Arizona, Colorado, Utah, National Parks, explored some newly discovered archeological sites near Tucson and so on. As we speak, we are getting ready to explore the Kartchner Caverns in Arizona. Too bad they don't allow photography there, it is stunning. Tomorrow we're headed to the McDowell Mountains, exploring what we think was a possible Native American site.

All this keeps us sane in today's world! Getting away from all the politics, the negative aspects of life, the TV and so on. Best therapy, also pretty darn cheap! :D

Well not exactly what you're talking about I think, but this one time, I had a shitty day and I was very upset over a situation, so I went for a drive, and I was listening to Depeche Mode's Ultra album the whole time, and I ended up driving for 7 hours straight and by the time I got home, everything just felt ok.

I know what you are talking about von. Driving is a great stress reliever for me simply because I love to drive. It's even better when I combine it with a goal like exploring or going to a place for a photo shot. I haven't been able to do it lately because of the really high gas prices. :cry:

Most reactions

Back