[roadtrip] To Austria !

Dikkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I went to Austria and here's my roadtrip.
I had over 400 pics and a made a tiny selection.
Dikkie: naked !

001.jpg

View of another building from our hotel room.

002.jpg

View on the Main Tower (Frankfurt):

003.jpg

I have more better pics of the view with clear buildings on it, but I loved t he silhouette and clouds. We were above the Deutsche Bank and other famous buildings.
Sax playin' Troll in the evening sun:

004.jpg

Skyline:

005.jpg

View out of our room:

006.jpg

Salzburg:

007.jpg

Vienna:
Troll didn't melt in the hot hot sun!
009.jpg

010.jpg

All American... at Sisi's Schloss Schönbrunn
011.jpg

The Taj Mahal:
012.jpg

Parliament:
013.jpg

Waterfalls in the mountains:
014.jpg

On the Grossglockner Pasterze-gletsjer (largest gletsjer of Austria), he melted a lot since I was a kid! And in a few years he will dissappear. Also, he's very gray and polluted by the gas of cars etc... It's mass-tourism on that mountain.
But I rather liked the lonely walking in desolate mountains, but because of the bad weather, not much pics of that.
If you want to see bigger and more beautiful mountains you have to go to Swiss anyway ;-) In Austria you have not that mouch mountain groups (Gross Glockner, Gross Venediger, wildspitze,...)
015.jpg

The Krimmler Falls, highest of Europe, in 3 stadia, the waterfall is 380 meter high.
016.jpg

And finally drinking a schiwasser!
017.jpg

Vienna is really nice for City Trips, lots of old large buildings! Also Frankfurt is fun, hip-café's, nice to go out, and great for skyscraperlovers.
Ow, and Starbucks sucks big time! Crappy service, 'hyped' melanges without the good taste, bad crushed ice within...
Real Coffee lovers go to Segafredo! Real Italian Coffee with lots of choice.
I recommend Espresso Macchiato and Eiskaffee. They always give you a glass of cold water to refresh afterwards, standard service :cool:

That looks like a very cool trip. I really like that mountain photo with the diagonal composition.

What the hell is a schiwasser? And if it's not beer why would you want to drink it in such large quantities?

Cheers anyway,
Jeroen

It's a little punch of grenadine-concentrate with cold water (melted gletsjerice or snow from the mountains).
Why that large quantity? When you walk a whole afternoon or a day in the mountains, you get thirsty very soon ;-)
You can drink tons when you transpired much.
In fact, most stuff is in half liters. When you don't ask for small, they automatically give you large.
Like applejuice, spezzi (mix of cola and fanta), beer, ...

you forget the ever wonderful beer + lemonade. Works much better on the slopes then schiwasser IMO. lol Nice photos.

Most reactions

Back