Rob- Natural Light Portrait

Good image but man he looks like he has ants on his face. I would clone some of those out as they are proper distracting especially when you combine the tarzan esq style of image you can't help but thing they are ants.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
The moles?
Yes the moles.

Ok. I removed a few (the tiny ones), but kept a few as well. I try to leave things like moles and distinct scars for portraits. If it were a commercial shoot or at a client's request then I would remove them, but since it's personal work I wouldn't feel ok with removing all of the moles; they're so distinct to his appearance.

Also (unrelated to the moles), I warmed up his skin tone a little bit just to give it a healthier, less green look. I'd love to know what you think. I replaced the images in the first post with the updated ones.
It's better but you left the Queen ant still there...the big one. I think because you've done such a good job with the skin retouch his skin is so clean and perfect that these very dark contrasty moles jump right out. I would keep the small ones in remove the massive one and then clone in another small one in its place. This way you keep his moles but reduce their impact. Also lighten them down by 30% or so. Prefer the warmer skin tone..good call.

Thank you.

Geez, your "before" photos look better than my "after" photos. *sigh*

Really outstanding work. The moles don't really bother me, especially since it's meant to be a personal photo for the model. For commercial work, then yes, take it out. But it's not like he doesn't know he has them.

Geez, your "before" photos look better than my "after" photos. *sigh*

Really outstanding work. The moles don't really bother me, especially since it's meant to be a personal photo for the model. For commercial work, then yes, take it out. But it's not like he doesn't know he has them.
Thank you.
I feel the same way about the moles.

Yeah for a personal portrait it's no problem, commercial got to go and also if you're just showcasing here on the forum to demonstrate a good image there is no reason they need to stay. Just get rid and post up the results...I'm dying to see the image with them gone lol

yup, your retouching is really really good... as always

I don't care for the moles because they're part of him... however I would slightly desaturate the green, because the green is strong "complicated" color, it overpowers skin tones and it draws more attention then it should (you can call this as my personal taste, my personal attitude towards the green or whatever ... I always change green tones and desaturate them)

of course... jmho, you might not seen green this way :)

Yeah for a personal portrait it's no problem, commercial got to go and also if you're just showcasing here on the forum to demonstrate a good image there is no reason they need to stay. Just get rid and post up the results...I'm dying to see the image with them gone lol

I don't care for the moles because they're part of him... however I would slightly desaturate the green, because the green is strong "complicated" color, it overpowers skin tones and it draws more attention then it should (you can call this as my personal taste, my personal attitude towards the green or whatever ... I always change green tones and desaturate them)

Here's a version with all but the beauty mark removed, and I made the greens just a little bit less vibrant.
_mg_1057beautymark_by_danostergren-d9qfx95.jpg

so... what do YOU think now?

Here's a version with all but the beauty mark removed, and I made the greens just a little bit less vibrant.
Looks way better. No distractions just a nice quality shot.

Looks way better. No distractions just a nice quality shot.

Thank you. I spent way more time retouching this shot than I normally do. I like the results, but at the same time I'm wondering if it looks a little too artificial.

Okay I hate to even say this.:concern: But his ear on the camera right looks detached from his head, it needs a little blending. Maybe I am the only one that thinks this, I know you shoot with a shallow DOF which is one of the many reasons I like your work so much. :)
And I love the editing and photo work on this, great job! :)

Okay I hate to even say this.:concern: But his ear on the camera right looks detached from his head, it needs a little blending. Maybe I am the only one that thinks this, I know you shoot with a shallow DOF which is one of the many reasons I like your work so much. :)
I'm not sure I'm seeing what you mean, but I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you mean, but I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

I see all sorts of things that are most likely not there!:biglaugh:

Don't see it either. Personally think nothing more needs doing to this portrait.

Don't see it either. Personally think nothing more needs doing to this portrait.

Like I said I am nuts, It isn't the first time it's happened!:biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back