Robbers

Thanks gang! Really appreciate so many people taking the time to look and comment on some creepy bugs :)

ravikiran: no secrets...just lots of trial and error, and tons of patience! If you're not willing to look like a fool crawling around on the ground, then don't do macro :lol: Most people can't even see the bugs that you're shooting, so they look at you like you're crazy.

Hey Carl...trust me...hold on to your gear ;) I know you'd do equally as well if you took the time!

Excellent eye Woodsac! Very impressed with how well you captured these tiny things...

mind if I ask what lens was used?

Thanks Holly. I'm pretty sure these are all with the Sigma 150mm 1:1 f/2.8 macro. I also use the Sigma 105mm 1:1 f/2.8macro. I also use the 150mm with the 1.4xTC, 2xTC, and extension tubes in different combinations.

Most of my macros are shot between f/8 and f/16. #1 was shot at about f/4 for the super shallow dof :)

Oh yea, all of these were shot with off camera flash. Almost all of my macros are shot with flash.

These photos are really awesome. I like 'em all! I haven't tried using macros yet, but this is inspiring and makes me want to get out right away. Great work!!

Woah is right. Flabbergasting!

beautiful captures jake! love the sharpness and the color!
the front on shot (#3) is awesome! looks so simple... but im sure it was a tough catch!
i like all of them ! nice series
tfs

Most reactions

Back