Robyn

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, indoor. no flash, neon-ish ligthing int he surrounding, down in a stone hallway in a dorm building.
Firstly, i was not in charge of make up for this photoshoot, so if you have comments regarding that, it's not my fault >.<
I wanna know how the coloring is and the composition is. I thought the positioning was cool but I wanna see what others think. I hope I don't get verbally beaten up for this one hehe.
Vamprobinasan.jpg

OTE

Hmmm...Only thing that comes to mind right away, is that I wish her elbow wasn't cut off. Otherwise, nice job. I do like the angle you used here.

I like the composition, too. :thumbup:

But the image is looking horribly blown out on my monitor. It's hard to judge the coloring here with so many hot spots, half of her face and all over the shirt.

This one I find instantly appealing!
In this you composition works really well.
Her blue hair stands out nicely and I like how she looks away from us.
The missing ellbow is the only thing that is ... erm ... well ... missing.

terri said:
I like the composition, too. :thumbup:

But the image is looking horribly blown out on my monitor. It's hard to judge the coloring here with so many hot spots, half of her face and all over the shirt.

Blown? It doesnt appear blown on my monitor at all...wierd...is it blown for anyone else?

DramaDork626 said:
Blown? It doesnt appear blown on my monitor at all...wierd...is it blown for anyone else?
Yes. Part of her face, her collar and some spots on her shirt. They might not seem as blown to you, because of the bright and dark colors around them. But, there is no detail in those spots at all.

woodsac said:
Yes. Part of her face, her collar and some spots on her shirt. They might not seem as blown to you, because of the bright and dark colors around them. But, there is no detail in those spots at all.

could just be my monitor...but I really don't see it...hmm..i dunno

i see the same blown areas.

would like to have seen all of her elbow.

nice composition...the use of wide angle provides for an interesting composition.

yes....I agree..some of the areas on the face are a tad blown out.

DramaDork626 said:
...maybe someone can show me what they are talking about...cuz I'm just gettin confused lol

When folks say "blown out," they mean there's lost detail due to overexposure. I've circled the areas where there is no detail in the highlights.
I hope this helps.

-Pete

Attachments

• $Vamprobinasan.jpg
    $Vamprobinasan.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 98
While the hilites are certainly very flat and much of the detail there is dificult to see, it's not blown out - it's just not very nice light (for me anyway).

And BTW, I'd like to have seen the whole boot.

I just looked at Pete's photo where he circled the blown areas and they are borderline on my monitor. But I just wanted to say that I've seen most of your work and believe you to have a very good eye for photography. I'm assuming that you are a college student since a lot of your work seems to be in, or around, a dorm, and hope you keep your interest alive. I'd love to see some of your work in 5 years or so. Great job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back