ROCK BANDS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Avenellphotos, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Avenellphotos

Avenellphotos TPF Noob!

Anyone know or have friends who have there own band. Rock, Goth, Ska or Punk?
    My mate runs gigs called Ravenfest. It based in Bromley, Kent, England. We are looking for bands to play in the future.
    If your intrested to see what Ravenfest is then click the Ravnfest link. this site is run by me and the photos on the site are by me too.

http://www.ravenfest.tk

Cheers
    [​IMG]

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I used to write/sing/rhythm guitar for a ska band. Good times, good times.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Voo: I hope you get back into it, some day. I don't know why, maybe it's because I hang around too many musicians, but it really seems tragic to me when someone has to give up music for other obligations. Not that it's not understandable, but you know what I mean? Just don't let it get TOO far out of sight. :heart:

4. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah, i used to play in college band myself and had a fledging punk band in high school. been trying to find other musos here in auckland but no luck. So i'll shout to anyone in Auckland who wants a classically trained guitarist for their punk band.

hrrm, maybe we can start the virtual photoforum band? Me a voodoocat can be the guitarists, we need a drummer, singer and bass player - and I remember reading somewhere here there is a kazoo player here too!

We can all download the same recording sofware, record our track and 'pass the parcel' like the commerical, well the nz commerical that probably no one else hads seen.

Any volunteers?

oh, sorry Avenell to exploit your post like this....

5. voodoocat

Photos NOT OK to edit
    @terri: I have not dropped my music. I'm just back to my original instrument the violin. A few days ago I began listening to a perfect pitch supercourse that almost guarantees I will learn perfect pitch. Well I am learning. I can produce tones without hearing them (Best with C, D, A and G) but still am working on naming the notes by hearing them. My ears have gone through an awakening that is hard to explain. I was told that absolute pitch is something you are born with and these cd's have proved that is completely false. Music has a whole new feel now. I think I will finally be able to write down the music that I can hear in my head.

@vonnagy: I'm actually going to be recording some tracks for my friends band up in Denver. The idea of mixing up tracks from people in seperate parts of the world isn't all that bad. Hopefully soon I will posess a USB or firewire audio capture device which will give me a superior quality sound. Better than DAT. I also know of a drummer here in arizona so we got that taken care of. Or we can use a drum machine :)

We also have much better guitarists on here than I. Like metroshane. (plus he has that phat sounding gretsch)

6. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That sounds awesome!!! I am so happy to hear that. And here I thought you were all caught up in the coffee cart idea and stuff like that. Well, shut my mouth. :D Back in my old high school choir days (oh yeah I was a major geek) I was always able to start us on a perfect middle C. That was when I had better trained ears, that's for sure. I feel lucky if I can pick out a third harmony to something on the radio these days. :blulsh2: I think what you're doing is fascinating - can't wait to hear what comes of it!

7. voodoocat

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No I've kinda forgot about the coffee cart idea. I was all about taking a good oppurtunity. But since the oppurtunity was not there, it lost its charm.

8. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

Ill sing and play the drums and play rythem guitar and bass...is that ok?

md

9. pucci

pucci TPF Noob!

there is a band called t"the postal service" that does that. they each record their bits and send them to the next guy, and make pretty much all thier music like that. hence the name. they are actually pretty cool, if your into that stuff. i dont even knowwhatto call it exctley, kind of like a new digital emp punk stuff. reminds a bit of the faint, if anyone is familiar with them.

if anyone wants to hear some, ill be gald to send them a couple sample songs.

10. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    sweet voodoocat,

i also think that classical guitar and violin go nicely. Lol, i always got drowned out the drums (& bassist, electric guitars and screaming vocalist for that matter).

perfect pitch, i tried a program when i was a mere teenager but I didn't have the attention span to learn it. Used to know what to read music, but i play by ear now. I can tell if something is in tune, recognize scales and stuff but never perfect pitch.

hehehe, i would mind a 'postal service' type of experiment, that would be kinda fun. Let me know where i can get a hold of some software and i'll give it a go. note to self: spend more $$$ on music equipment.

Thought I've kinda mellowed out over the ears, pretty much lost all that angst that drove my music in the past.

11. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

move over matthew, i wanna be the lead vocals ala gwen stefani

im over being the groupie

12. pucci

pucci TPF Noob!

hmm ... i'm going out on a limb here but ...

only now do i realise the error in my ways completely skipping over your pun about the postal service ... ?

:oops: