Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
camera: Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar
flash: Vivitar 285HV w/ mini softbox
film: Arista Pro 400 (shot at 800, developed in Diafine)
scanned from negs

ds102004g.jpg

ds102004d.jpg

ds102004b.jpg

First I thought "Oh wow, Bonjovi style" ... then saw second pic... "Never" :lol:

Great images, I looove b&w! :)

the zeiss planar has to be great lens! far better than the xenotar

I've never seen the results of a Xenotar Rollei, but many folks who have say there is little difference as far as overall sharpness. I love the Zeiss lenses on my medium format gear, but I've been using Schneider lenses for large format and in my enlargers for many years now, and they are exceptional.

These are fabulous! Looks like it was a good time.

First I thought "Oh wow, Bonjovi style" ... then saw second pic... "Never"

I had been to the Diane Arbus exhibit at the KU art museum earlier that evening, and was inspired to grab the Rollei and go in search of freaks. I knew my neighborhood bar, the Replay Lounge, was a good place to look, and sure enough Donkey Show (the band) was going to play.

I've been shooting this band on and off for years. A few months ago I was supposed to get some shots of them, but was so drunk by the time they came on (I shot the first band which was also friends), I didn't. So they were happy to see me with my gear on this evening.

I've been shooting bands with my Rolleiflex for about a year now. Being stuck with the 75mm lens (a smidge wide for 6x6cm) means I have to get right up in the front row, and only having 12 shots per rolls means I've had to work on my timing, and really try to choose good shots. I'm pretty fast with the reload, but fighting my way through the crowd to a safe place to reload takes too much time.

This one is for Diane Arbus...

ds102004f.jpg

ha ha, those are great, ksmattfish!and the quality of this shots is great too! i loove your work!

Most reactions

Back