Rocket to the sky!!! (litterally)

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
img5527losi9.jpg

Another one of the Chemical Vocation promos for their album release. I'm pretty happy with it but if I should change anything let me know. Deadline is friday night so.. :)

Band's myspace if anyone is interested:
www.myspace.com/chemicalvocation

Last edited:
Dude................awesome work, really....

My monitor shows the sky as a purplish color, is that what you are going for?

10 September 2008

Dear Mr. Martin Wiklund:

In light of recent postings, I have come to the decision to stop commenting your pictures. I can no longer buy into the "attaboy" system, which I would be doing if I continued to comment on your pictures. Just consider every thread posted by you that is left without comment from me to be amazing work.

Sincerely,
Plentygood

P.S. Seriously though, great job, like always. My amateur eyes can't see anything to even nitpick about.

Hey! This image is is really fun to look at. I like it when people take photographs and actually construct something with them. This is very professionally done, are you working for some big company yet, getting big bucks? Because you should be. Everything you've posted here shows you've got the chops for it. One minor quibble I have is that the lighting is coming from below, which makes it all look unnatural, but given the fantasy styling of the image, it really doesn't hurt much.

Awesome, awesome stuff, man.

Plentygood has said it all....always outstanding work and you never fail to one up yourself, you are second to none. Truly amazing!

Oh yeah, how did you get that great arial shot of the city? Was it taken from an airplane window? Most of the time, the wing always wants to indrude at least a little on my shot.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :) The aerial shot is actually not taken by me but I have permission to use it. I used a warm photo filter on top of everything in Photoshop to make it look more sunset-ish and also make it blend together a little better.

No I don't work for some big company yet (hehe). I just finished school this summer and currently I'm running my own business shooting bands for record labels. But eventually I will move to Gothenburg and there I'll try to get a job at some advertising acency or something. Hell, I don't even have my own website yet! Only myspace. :D

Good image... My only suggestion is maybe make the start of the smoke trail a little bit less dense... In any case, what you have right now works fine.

Good image... My only suggestion is maybe make the start of the smoke trail a little bit less dense... In any case, what you have right now works fine.

OR... maybe a white smoke trail.

You did an amazing job with this. And, what a great concept!!

I can't completely imagine how you pulled it off.

Most cool.

-Pete

When I saw it was you posting I thought this will be good, I was wrong its AWESOME !!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks! :D

This is how I shot it:
img5527smallkp8.jpg

Lying on the floor, one on a chair. I really had troubles trying to come up with a way to do this. First I thought of me standing on my sister's balcony and have the singer standing on something and have the other guys' holding him like this. But then I had to have someone holding out a studio flash with a softbox from the balcony and.. it just didn't feel like a good idea. :p But then I came up with this and it probably worked much better than the balcony idea would've. Now I could shoot it indoors in a much more controlled environment. I built the rocket the night before the shoot out of cardboard, tape and paint.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back