Rockin' and Rollin'

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, about half an hour ago California had a nice little earthquake, although it was quite far from Los Angeles (where I am). So far, it looks like it measured 6.5 and it was about 240 miles north of Los Angeles.

It was kind of strange here. I've been through a few in my life, but being that this one was so far away, it was just a gentle rolling feeling by the time it got here.

Hopefully everyone up north is safe and there isn't too much damage...

So what else is shakin'? :eek:

We had a mild earthquake in Atlanta last spring, I think it was. Never felt one before in my life, but it's one of those things that, when it starts, you know it can't possibly be anything ELSE. Woke me out of a sound sleep and it was over in about 12 seconds, while I sat in my shaking bed and watched the pictures on the wall move. Totally bizarre.

Glad everyone is safe and sound!!!

Glad you're ok. We don't get many over here. The last one of note was about 15 years ago when working in an office i was accused of kicking the shared table i was sitting at. Didn't realise at the time it was one of the UK's biggest quakes. Luckily the quakes we get couldn't knock a cat off a glass table.

Columbia, SC sits on the mother of all fault lines...as big as the ones in california, and we are due, big time. They predict 2000 people will die. I think thats a little high.

glad everyone is ok!!

md

MDowdey said:
Columbia, SC sits on the mother of all fault lines...as big as the ones in california, and we are due, big time

hmmm, you may want to relocate for a while Matt.

Anyway I heard about the earthquake and I was wondering if it was anywhere near you guys Chase. I'm glad you guys are alright. Hopefully those North of you are alright too.

We don't get earthquakes around here too often. We do get rock blasts and rock bursts though. Sudbury is one of the largest nickel producing cities in the world and we have mines running underground all over the city. Sometimes when they are blasting rocks underground it can feel like small earthquakes.

:shock:

i've never been in an earthquake in my life ... i know i'd freak out!!!! .. i can barely get on an airplane without freaking out :roll:

I was in a very minor earthquake about 8 years ago. Very strange feeling.

Glad all is ok out there. When I first read of the quake the news people made it sound like LA was the epicenter and not some place 150 miles off shore.

Most reactions

Back