Rocky Beach

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pic and a HDR of the same scene i did this afternoon :)

rocky_shore3.jpg

RockyHDR.jpg

I am not familiar with HDR, but I have the feeling HDR was unnecessary on this shot. If you had used a polariser, a bit less exposure and a warmer WB on the first shot you would get a similar result to the second shot without so much noise in the sky.

I've been playing with HDR's using Photomatrix as experiments recently :)

Im regards to the WB (Thats white balance i presume?) the camera was on Auto it doesnt actually have a large amount of settings i can select - What would classed as a warmer setting?

You will get warmer colors with the "cloudy" setting on your white balance. Depending on your camera, you should also be able to increase the "intensity" of the WB setting. Try using "cloudy +2" or +3 even. That should help you capture warmer colors.

Well, for just a "play with HDR" so you would learn more about it, miaow, I feel you did well! I like the colour effects and detail in the clouds that you created, though I do see, of course, that the noise that adds to the HDR is a bit of a nuisance. How would HDR-creation go with NeatImage then (which cleans up the noise)? Would you lose too much sharpness?

In regards to the white balance settings this camera doesn't have a cloudy setting :( (you would think it would have more than auto/daylight/tungsten/fluro - my old vivitar vivicam actually had more white balance settings than this one does:/ )

LaFoto, havent looked into that NeatImage program will have to check into it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back