Rocky Shores

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Scott7117, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Scott7117

Scott7117 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here are a few shots from a beach trip I took today. I just started shooting RAW and so far I really like it. The ability to have complete control over your images is a godsend. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, what do you guys think of the editing. I'm fairly new to editing in general, and I wanted to make sure these don't look cheesy. Thanks!

2. DragonHeart

DragonHeart TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    honestly, I think #1 and #2 have TOO much dead space at the top... The sky adds nothing to the picture IMHO.

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:

1. A nice image but suffers from severe barrel distortion, as well as at least 1/2 stop over-exposure. I think this might have been better shot from lower down, and given the dynamic range between the water and dark rocks, would have been an ideal candidate for an HDR merge.

2. Good composition for the subject, but definitely agree with Dragonheart's assessment of too much sky. A crop would help this image a great deal.

3. I quite like this one, but again, somewhat over-exposed and I think would benefit from cropping the large rock at the top out. Additionally, the float is a little closer to the RH side than might be ideal.
    Some nice work, with a few minor things noted. I would suggest if you don't already have one, invest in a circular polarizer; they are invaluable for this kind of outdoor work and will ofen turn an otherwise bland sky into an eye-popper, as well as eliminating reflections on the water.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

4. Scott7117

Scott7117 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks a ton for critiques DragonHeart and Tirediron. I really appreciate the honest opinions.

How should I go about correcting barrel distortion?

5. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Needs more tone separation.