Roger

Black_Square

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is Roger.

I'm afraid I don't know much more about this chap as the event of taking the picture was over with very quickly. He did take time to combe his hair, and if you look closely at the top left of his head you can see the combe marks. He said he would email me in due course, so I'll learn more about him then. In the meantime I like to think he has royal blood - he just has that look.

Post processed to create a painterly effect.

36357275715_5cd0e5dc74_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
He has a great look!

Nice, exquisite. He looks like he may be a fisherman.... or a college professor

Another fantastic portrait from you, both your skill and the people you pick.

Lovely image; great lighting and perfect exposure & tonal range. My only thought is that his face position and beard, combined with your shooting position make the beard much larger relative to the upper part of his head and eye area.

not to be despairing, but 3 threes stand out to me: 1. the hue is very green. 2. he's sitting a bit forward in the frame, i wish there was more space in front of him than behind. 3. again, you did something odd to his eyes, that to me, screams overly post-processed.

not to be despairing, but 3 threes stand out to me: 1. the hue is very green. 2. he's sitting a bit forward in the frame, i wish there was more space in front of him than behind. 3. again, you did something odd to his eyes, that to me, screams overly post-processed.
This really is an excellent example of a classical, Renaissance portrait style. He clearly has a regime of lighting and post processing. I can see his vision, nothing modern about the render. He has stripped away common ideals of what portrait Photography has become. He has bent the render into what inspires him, this is an exceptional image IMO.

He has a great look!

I agree!

Nice, exquisite. He looks like he may be a fisherman.... or a college professor

He's very photogenic and could fill many roles - a spy also springs to mind :)

Another wonderful portrait from you.

Thanks you.

Another fantastic portrait from you, both your skill and the people you pick.

Thanks Brent - very kind.

absolutely fantastic

thanks!

Lovely image; great lighting and perfect exposure & tonal range. My only thought is that his face position and beard, combined with your shooting position make the beard much larger relative to the upper part of his head and eye area.

I must admit that my shooting angle was a little constrained, so that did have an effect on the proportions of the face. It's only slight and I think I got away with it (sshh!).

Sorry Braineack, I disagree three times - see jcdeboever's response below ;-)

This really is an excellent example of a classical, Renaissance portrait style. He clearly has a regime of lighting and post processing. I can see his vision, nothing modern about the render. He has stripped away common ideals of what portrait Photography has become. He has bent the render into what inspires him, this is an exceptional image IMO.

jcdeboever - you understand! Thank you for your wonderful comment :)

What was old is now new again. Well said JC. I really like seeing people break out of that cookie cutter mentality and be creative and true to what THEY like and admire. Caving in to other people's styles is nothing more than pandering to egos. Be yourself @Black_Square because you have a true artistic gift.

green is the new WB.

Man, I wish I had the rights to some of Rembrandt's masterpieces so I could post them as an example.

Most reactions

Back