roight then

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
fadingaway1986 said:
you have a bag full of film cannisters. You don't have a use for them, but you don't want to waste them.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29052

I'm in that position as well. I've got loads of the little buggers and haven't got a clue what to do with them. So far I've got one being used to hold a small cleaning cloth in my bag (so it sits in the elastic which is there to hold the canisters) and that's about it. So, what else can they be used for? I've heard cat toys, I've also heard that they're good for storing cannabis in...

If I get really bored one day I may make myself a friend out of some. Using one canister for arms and legs (so that'll be four....), two for the body (the slim ends butting up against each other to form a waist) and the cap as a head (drawing a little face on it). I think I'll call him Billy.

Hmm... There must be something else to do. Something which won't have the men in white coats bashing down my door.

:biglaugh: Billy.... hehehe!

You could keep jewellery in em, coz I know you've got so much of that. Actually they'd be really good for keeping earings I reckon.
Or you could put shampoo in them for when you go camping.
Or put them in a tool kit to hold screws.

You could keep jewellery in em, coz I know you've got so much of that.
You know too much, stalker. :shock:

Too small for screws. You wouldn't get many in there. :(
Would the earings get tangled to? I don't own any so wouldn't relaly know...

well the earings get tangled in a normal jewllery box anyway so that wouldn't really matter... but the canisters are too deep to be able to get them out easily. so scrap that idea.

You could stick them all sideways onto a board.... like they sometimes do in restaurants with the corks... then it could work as a sort of plastic 'cork' board and you could stick notes to it.

EDIT: oops dog walked on keyboard and sent message before I finished.

You could stick them all sideways onto a board.... like they sometimes do in restaurants with the corks... then it could work as a sort of plastic 'cork' board and you could stick notes to it.
That's not a bad idea.

Oh, and I'm now thinking...... FINGER MICE!
One canister, two lids as ears. :thumbsup:

umm pete... how about you get out the house for a couple of hours okay?

oh my.

well i say rip him apart while he sleeps and make him into a notice board. You could paint different canisters different colours and have it all pretty lookin.

Oh great. You do know Billy can read my thoughts, don't you? Now he knows what I have planned for him. I'm ****ed!

*curls up in the corner and gently rocks as he repeatedly mumbles "mustn't sleep, mustn't sleep, Billy will get me, mustn't sleep"*

"mustn't sleep, mustn't sleep, Billy will get me, mustn't sleep"

Grrr. now I can't get to sleep. I keep having images of my canisters coming to life and tying me down and demanding their film back. Grrr.

:confused:

Attachments

• $image1.jpg
    $image1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 103
I dunno mate, I think all that black pudding's gone straight to your head.

Someone wanna help me hold him down so we can get the straight jacket on?

hmm.

You can always donate them to pre-schools, kindergartens, etc...

At work we often get customers coming in and requesting we keep the cannisters for them... I had one customer tell me they take them to the pre-school and the kids make space ships out of them.

They are also good for putting paint in.

Oooh. I've got it... Ice cubes! Really big ice cubes. Fill them up with water... don't put the lid on, and freeze. You could probably make individual ice creams too. Even put a paddle pop in them.

You could paint them and make them into those 7 day pill jars (you know, one for each day)... Then sell them on ebay!

I have to say, I am really surprised there isn't a recycling system set up for film cannisters. Surely it would be a good idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back