Rokinon 35mm F1.4 Fully Manual

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Came home to my new 35mm F1.4 here are the first 3 pics I took.

A77
ISO 100 on all 3
adjusted the shutter speed to match the meter to 0.

All 3 cropped (Heavily) and processed (not much). If you want to see the originals I can post them, just ask.

F1.4
Rokinon 35mm F1.4 @ F1.4-04510 by JEaston | Photography, on FlickrRokinon 35mm F1.4 @ F1.4-04510 by JEaston | Photography, on Flickr

F2.8
Rokinon 35mm F1.4 @ F2.8-04511 by JEaston | Photography, on Flickr

F5.6
Rokinon 35mm F1.4 @ F5.6-04512 by JEaston | Photography, on Flickr

I kinda like the f/2.8 image best overall: I looked at the largest size available on Flickr. To me, the f/2.8 image has the best "essence". The f/1.4 image has some typical f/1.4 type softening that I'm not particularly sure benefits this type of floral close-up. The heavy crop makes the image look a slight bit softer than it would otherwise, but still, I like the way the f/2.8 image is rendered. This type of small-scene, high-magnification (say 1:10 or so???) close-up type of shot is pretty tricky...almost anything can affect the final image to a pretty high degree. A longer more-distant shot makes it easier to get the various factors more equalized... you're kind of like riding without any hands on the handlebars, goin' 80 MPH here...

But yeah, I like the way this lens defocused the background...that looks pretty good. It'll be fun for you to see how it "behaves" under all sorts of different situations. Of course, that is gonna take like a month of Sundays, so plenty of excuses to get out and shot this thing hard!

I kinda like the f/2.8 image best overall: I looked at the largest size available on Flickr. To me, the f/2.8 image has the best "essence". The f/1.4 image has some typical f/1.4 type softening that I'm not particularly sure benefits this type of floral close-up. The heavy crop makes the image look a slight bit softer than it would otherwise, but still, I like the way the f/2.8 image is rendered. This type of small-scene, high-magnification (say 1:10 or so???) close-up type of shot is pretty tricky...almost anything can affect the final image to a pretty high degree. A longer more-distant shot makes it easier to get the various factors more equalized... you're kind of like riding without any hands on the handlebars, goin' 80 MPH here...

But yeah, I like the way this lens defocused the background...that looks pretty good. It'll be fun for you to see how it "behaves" under all sorts of different situations. Of course, that is gonna take like a month of Sundays, so plenty of excuses to get out and shot this thing hard!

I was about a foot away from this flower. The 35mm has a a 1 foot minimum focus distance. So far the shots I have taken look to have fantastic IQ. I took some shots this weekend I am going to process this week after I get my school work done. Ill post them, I would be interested in you opinion. I bought this with the hopes of taking some better landscape shots, I go up to the mountains a lot and love the scenery. I have plans of hitting skyline drive in Virginia soon and then in the fall.

Impressive bokeh for a 35mm

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Roki makes a nice lens. Ive always liked these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back