Rolleiflex

walter23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
( original image deleted - see last version, down a bit )

Playing around with lighting... nothing too elaborate, just a single incandescent bulb and a bunch of white pieces of paper for reflection.

rolleifinal.jpg

Ah, the camera my dad always used to take our pictures when we were little. I'm sure my sister's still got it somewhere, she kind of "inherited" all my uncle's and dad's cameras, but all of them are slightly defective and repair costs are skyhigh...

Once I scan some I'll post... I don't use it as often as my lubitel because 1) it's got no lens cap or case, and I don't want to scratch up the taking lens. 2) the film transport mechanism is a bit unreliable - sometimes it starts the counter before the film is fully wound into place at the start of the roll, which means I have to waste a few frames and guess where the actual film starts, and get maybe 8 shots (instead of 12) from a 120 roll. I think it can be calibrated, and I took it apart to try, but realized that I didn't have any proper screwdrivers and that I didn't know what I was doing well enough to risk ruining anything.

I got this for a bargain price because the hood is missing a pin (see paperclip) and the finish isn't perfect. I've seen the insides though, and it looks brand new. The lens is scratched a bit but this doesn't show up in photos..

Most reactions

Back