rollerblading

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
not sure if i've posted this photo or not before. simple photoshop work as u can see done on it. what do u think?

Nikon F80, 15mm 2.8 fish eye, fuji superia 100

RE_OliShortTTS.jpg

nice shot!!! i love the use of the fisheye here!!! and the selective coloring is great!

good work!

md

Definitely a great capture. Nice work.

Big Mike said:
Definitely a great capture. Nice work.
I agree.

ajmall, is that light from your flash?

nice! Its good to see another rollerblader on here...Ill have some shots up as soon as we get out to the park.

I agree, the fisheye always works for these types of pics. Adds an extreme cherry to one extreme sundae. :wink: Nice shot! A skate park is being built in my town very soon. I can't wait to shoot there!

I know the skater is the focus but there is alot going on around him that I feels is wasted space. I think I would have cropped the photo left of the skater and right next to the guy across the ramp, eliminating him from the picture. Next, I would crop down from the top eliminating some of the top of the pipe that you see at your feet. Just leaving the people in the corner and the skater sliding towards them with whatever top of the pipe is left after the crop. Also think sports photography we know hes skating so you could adjust your DOF or blur the background of the lower park. There is just alot compiting for attention.

Vmann said:
I know the skater is the focus but there is alot going on around him that I feels is wasted space. I think I would have cropped the photo left of the skater and right next to the guy across the ramp, eliminating him from the picture. Next, I would crop down from the top eliminating some of the top of the pipe that you see at your feet. Just leaving the people in the corner and the skater sliding towards them with whatever top of the pipe is left after the crop. Also think sports photography we know hes skating so you could adjust your DOF or blur the background of the lower park. There is just alot compiting for attention.

i was thinking of cropping out some of the shot however i like the fish eye effect and by cropping you lose the curves.

yes i used a flash with off camera cord to my left held slightly further back than the camera. i had to guesstimate the power of it which is always a silly thing to do though it worked out well here!

I don't like it. Hes way too centered, his right arm is pretty hot, the black and white with the subject as color effect is pretty cheesy, and its another point your fisheye in the general direction of the rider/skater/rollerblader shot.

I do like fish eye effect but Im going to have to stick with blurring the backgroud in some kind of computer program. Your subject just looks like hes competing for attetion with everything elso going on. Its still a good pic though.

Sk8ing is not a crime.

blinded said:
I don't like it. Hes way too centered, his right arm is pretty hot, the black and white with the subject as color effect is pretty cheesy, and its another point your fisheye in the general direction of the rider/skater/rollerblader shot.

pretty hot? i'd like to know what u mean by that...

i suppose there's always gonna be someone who won't like my photos!

If you dont care I'll answer the hot question.

Hes refering to the really white spot on the sk8ters arm. Hot spots are areas that are to white and detail is lost due in part because of the light or making a photo to contrasty.

The photo ain't bad the way it is just suggestions. It makes me want to get out and do some topside soul grinds.

Most reactions

Back