rollerblading

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by will turner, Aug 1, 2005.

1. will turner

will turner TPF Noob!

i wanted to get some critique on this shot from people outside of rollerblading.
    (the trick is gap over the wall to soul on the bench for anyone thats interested)

iso 100
    shutter speed: 1/160
    one flash from the right hand side
    [​IMG]

will.

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Not really sure about the flower bush in the foreground, even though it's blurred it still bothers me. I would rather see the frame filled with your subject. You might try cropping all the flower part out and see what it looks like. If you have the opportunity to try again, try some different angles and maybe try and get closer as well. You did well capturing the action in the air though :)

3. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

hey will, i've seen a few pics on some rolling sites. I know i'm a rollerblader but thought i'd offer my critique anyway as i know what i'm talking about compared to "groms" you get on be-mag etc!

i agree with amanda on the flower in the foreground. i can see what effect you were going for - the blurred bush on the side is great as part of the frame but the purple flower is distracting. who's the skater btw?

4. will turner

will turner TPF Noob!

well i was just trying to go for something different from the usal rolling pics you see.
    the skater is matt watt.

5. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

oh yeah, saw him skate at NASS. just couldn't make out his face.

I'm all for doing something different, that's what i love about photography!

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I agree with 'manda's different angle thought. I would like to see some blur. I am not getting a sense of movement. Just a guy on rollerblades in the air.