Romance tips for the romantically challenged.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Corry, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    ...the link to this thread will be given to my boyfriend, just so y'all know. ;)

Ok..so..I'd like to hear from EVERYONE!!! I would like to hear any and all romance tips you have..I would to make sure men know that you don't have to spend all your money on me to make me happy..in fact, you don't have to spend ANY!!!

I want to hear from everyone, but it would be really nice to hear from the men on this subject.

I know MD did a thread similar to this recently, but lets do it again, for me, k?

Thanks everyone in advance!

2. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

I have melted a few hearts with my skill in the kitchen. To make a meal for two I feel is very romantic.

The surprise picnic with ready made food and a nice bottle of wine is an easy way to go for the romantic day also.

I say be spontaneous, keep her guessing, and don't get into a rut is the way to go.

Also, it's amazing what the occasional flowers for nothing special will do.

3. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok...after the 'discussion' I had with him last night...he's gonna think I made you say that! :lol:

4. kelox

kelox TPF Noob!

Coming to you live from Planet MAXXUM, home of the
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok, i find that listening to what she has to say and then using that later is a good thing.
    e.g. i once dated a girl who loved lighthouses, so i made a plan-i spent the night at her house, then had my brother call me at like 5a.m. saying his car broke down and he needed me to pick him up. i knew she would want me to ride that far by myself and would offer to ride with me. true to form she did. we drove around for almost an hour, i kept saying it should be around here somewhere. she was getting mad at my brother for not being where he said he would be, then i pull into a clearing from behind all these trees and she saw it, then realized it was her birthday and put 2and2 together. she asked how i knew she liked lighthouses and i told her she told me about it a couple months ago. she was amazed that someone would remember that. well when i went ot the truck and got the camera bag out and the basket for the picnic she started crying. that scarted me atfirst but then she ran up and hugged and kissed me, i knew i was ok. does something like that qualify corry?

5. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

my girlfriend is always telling me not to spend money on her, but of course i do once in a while... she gets really excited when I just add a song or two to my mp3 player that she likes but never asked me to get. Whenever she says she likes a song, if we're out at buffalo wild wings or wherever, i just try and remember it and she thinks it's really sweet that i remember these things.

small simple things really make the biggest impact in my opinion... but of course i'm no expert on girls since i'm only 20. On her birthday i just got her a single rose and a card that i wrote a little personal sappy note in for example... or we go to a local park a lot and just take a blanket and relax and talk and stuff.

i suck at this stuff, but from my experience with her at least, simple, thoughtful stuff will win out or expensive crap most of the time. Can you ladies back that up at all or am i just stupid? haha

6. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good, good...keep it up.

7. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

When it's her birthday, always think of what you would like to get, then buy it. She won't want it, but will be glad that you thought of her, and will end up giving it to you, which will make her feel even better because she's made you happy as well.

It's a win-win situation!

8. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit

Hey! You! Get outta my thread! :lol:

9. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Come on, people! Men and women both! Need some feedback here! This is like, a life or death situation...if I dont' get some romance sometime in this lifetime, a death may occur! ;) :lol:

10. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You must be related to my ex. Imagine his surprise when I actually decided to ride the motorcycle that he "bought for me". :lol:

11. Corry

Photos NOT OK to edit
    And that's why Photogoddess is a goddess. :)

12. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Everything you do; flowers, candy, back-rubs, foot-rubs, all mean very little once you are married. The best thing you can go then is to tell her "I'll take the kids tonight, you go out with your friends".

Sometimes she'll let you go out somewhere with her. But it is usually to buy something.