Romania - Mountain Night Shot

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, landscapes are not my forte, and a nightscape with no tripod (used a fence pole) is not the easiest thing to do. But at least I think this photo shows the scale and beauty of these mountains. The light is from the moon and the slightly coloured artificial light is from the cabana behind me!

DH

Romanian Mountains by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

Wonderful atmosphere. Sooo many stars. And the fence pole did well. I guess you did the "timer-trick" as not to move the camera as of the moment the shutter releases?

Wonderful atmosphere. Sooo many stars. And the fence pole did well. I guess you did the "timer-trick" as not to move the camera as of the moment the shutter releases?

Yep - used the self timer trick :) works wonders! Need to go back there with a tripod and move further into the little valley :D next year...!

the shutter was pretty long i assume? I can see some motion on the stars a little bit.

Fantastic shot! I'm not seeing much motion. Can we get the EXIF data on this puppy? Really nice exposure.

Fantastic shot! I'm not seeing much motion. Can we get the EXIF data on this puppy? Really nice exposure.

Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 30 seconds
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 20 mm
ISO Speed 1600

The reason the aperture is so wide and the iso so high is that since i could not use a cable release, i couldn't use the Bulb mode. Other wise the aperture and iso would have been far nicer for this sort of shot :D

you dont have a wireless remote fate?

Some of the bright stars I can see them moved tiny bit. Do you see it? Maybe im wrong LOL.. (longer in width)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back