Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Romania

Images from my 4 month trip to Romania documenting the Roma lifestyle. More to come I imagine!

1.)
4437122349_d820bc3acf.jpg

2.)
4469506569_594476f7bd.jpg

3.)
4505680523_62b1fe90c7_o1.jpg

4.)
4331318900_8fb263eff7.jpg

5.)
4412753389_5d5cc53966.jpg

6.)
4437898048_e5a057bd13.jpg

7.)
4505700311_1e557eb726.jpg

8.)
4521906632_5c3b65db29.jpg

2 and 3 are nice portraits, but I'd be interested to see the others in color if you have them.

I too would like to see some in color. I've never been to romania but with all of these photos in B&W it gives me the feeling that Romania isn't on the list of places to visit... my .02

I too would like to see some in color. I've never been to romania but with all of these photos in B&W it gives me the feeling that Romania isn't on the list of places to visit... my .02
Why does everyone want to see "the color version" every time someone posts B&W photos?

It is possible that these were shot on film (yes, people still use that stuff, lol) and there is no color version.

I think they're great - especially 1, 3, & 8.

Why does everyone want to see "the color version" every time someone posts B&W photos?

It is possible that these were shot on film (yes, people still use that stuff, lol) and there is no color version.

:thumbup: Josh. Not to mention that, even if available in color, considering the quality of the work it is safe to assume that the artist made a choice fitting his sensibilities.

To the OP, very nice work. I have a soft spot for the Roms (don't know when they got called Roma but I've always known them as Roms) and am looking forward to seeing more.

Who are you? Is there a chance of seeing those in book form? If it happens, please PM me. I'll buyOr is there a chance of seeing them hang somewhere around Paris?

Your timing is very good by the way as I just watched a documentary called "Gypsy Caravan" about their music which I love. One of the great things about this film is that it shows how Roms (Roma; Gypsies) are all over the world, sometimes (often) they don't understand each other because few of them still speak the original language, but they sure understand each others' music. The essence of a culture is the same no matter where in the world the winds have pushed you. Beautiful movie that you would enjoy as one more look into their culture.

By the way, my only disappointment with your photos is that they are none of musicians. Music is to me a big part of their life. I call it the "European Blues" although it is older than the blues :D

Here's a link to the trailer: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIMu2QMLtQ[/ame]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back