rome

giorgia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey! i'm new here so to introduve myself i'll show you a photoshoot i was commissioned to do for a band. they wanted some photos of rome to use in the booklet of an upcoming cd. please let me know what you think!
3780658865_4d30a713ac.jpg

3780657765_7afb68a6bd.jpg

3780663683_0c4e666876.jpg

these are just three out of nine i picked out. please have no mercy, i really want my stay in this forum to be a learning experience :)
the rest of the photos are on my flickr gallery.

Last edited:
Hi Giorgia and welcome to TPF. So that you'll know in the future, leave a space between your photos and number them; it makes it easier to view them. I think your photos are technically sound. I'm not commenting on actual subject matter because you said they are for use in a CD booklet and since I don't know what type of music it is etc, I'm sure you've chosen the right types of subject to compliment the CD. Nice job.

Last edited:
Would have liked to have seen actual pictures of Rome itself :thumbup:

Try and number your photos in the future. It makes referencing to them easier.

#1. There seems to be something going on on the other side of the lion but we don't know what. If the 2 kids closest to us are the subject of the photo, you should have gotten closer and make them a much bigger part of the image. People at the top of the stairs are wearing dark clothes (some of them in front of the black tree) so again we lose a lot of what's going on.

If the fountain was the subject, I would have chosen a different angle so that it would work better within the background. If the building in the back is the subject, the fountain is in the way. Again, different angle would have worked better.

Main problem is, what is the subject of this photo?

#3 Broken window and a parking area. What are you trying to say or show us?

#2 I very much like. Art work being erased by the passing of time. An image that fits Rome very well, I think. Could be a bit lighter.

cale - i actually did take lots of photos of the usual monuments, but i decided that since anybody can find hundreds of photos of the colosseum on google, i wanted to take some photos that are characterized by rome, but don't necessarily have the main statues and buildings and so on and so forth as the main subjects. do you think that i should have focused more on rome as a city?

cloudwalker - maybe the third photo is a bit redundant ... i liked the crack in the window and the girls on the other side of the glass fit in well, but the other stuff in the shot maybe make the image a bit too busy!
you're definitely right about the first shot, and as for the second, thank you very much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back