Room for a lil' un?

lil_Pete

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, new to this site - freshly registered and itching to say hello (and/or get shot down for not following the required etiquette..!)

I've just picked up a new dSLR, just a cheap 350D but it's keeping me entertained! Haven't picked up the spread of equipment here are most people on digital or staying with film? I've always been a digital person myself, laziness you might say or flexibility as I put it!

Well nuff jabbering and here's some photos to try and show I have some potential!

Firstly from the Canon - bear in mind I only got it this morning I'm quite happy with how easy it is to get what I wanted! Was even able to gain the blue tint I wanted with the Custom White Balance as opposed to software!

large.jpg

and from my old Sony F717 digicam ...

21084958.jpg

damn, the detail in that eye is awesome, not to mention the sky in the second.
well done!
look forward to more of your work!
welcome to TPF!!!

Welcome to TPF :D :D :D glad to have ya here
yes the detail in the first is pretty neat!
however i dont see the second image..
keep shooting and sharing :)

when people post cloud's pics here, is always about the beauty in the sky, but yours is more like "dramatic", and thats a good thing

Love the hi-key effect for the eye shot...really accentuates the colour and clarity of the eye.
The cloud shot is indeed very dramatic...nice work and welcome here. :D

Thanks guys for a painless welcome - will start to post more photos soon!

There's a load on my Pbase gallery, www.pbase.com/p82d but these are mainly old F717 images that I don't wanna start showing just to show images so I'll stick to new 350D ones that I want criticsm on!

Except ... that is this one, it's of the Bristol half marathon, if you look carefully you'll realise it's a lng exposure and you can see the white trainers trail accross the exposure with the couple of supporters standing stationary. Weird photo, one of my favourites!

21086955.jpg

Welcome! good stuff so far, hope to see more.

Most reactions

Back