Roomis E' Gloomis

Jim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ShroomTrio.jpg

I found these shrooms inside a hollow log. Light was kinda low, but I liked their pearlescent look. - Not sure that's a word -

but I liked their pearlescent look

I do to! and I think you've framed this shot nicely. I'll agree with controlz for a sharper focus and perhaps losing the border and with ksmattfish to list your gear! ;)

Will you glow in the dark too if you eat these mushrooms :scratch:

I like the idea and effect but I personally would want to see just a little more of the rest of the 'sroom. I guess it just bugs me a little that I can't see the stem at all. Just my opinion.

karissa said:
I like the idea and effect but I personally would want to see just a little more of the rest of the 'sroom.
For me it adds a sense of mystery which one of the reason why I like the picture. The pearlescent look and the composition are the other reasons why this one is a keeper.

For me it adds a sense of mystery which one of the reason why I like the picture. The pearlescent look and the composition are the other reasons why this one is a keeper.

I would have to agree. I don't even mind the softness, really. I like all that black in the background. Quite an interesting capture here.

I’m using an old Canon A-1 35mm, with fixed FD lenses, and Velvia. I’ve sold a few 20 X 30 prints, so I try to stay as sharp as possible.

This is an old slide, however, and I’d have to look, but I believe I was using Kodachrome 64. I do wish that bottom shroom was more in focus.

I bought a low-cost PrimeFilm 1800u scanner, just to throw some images on a web site, and the scans aren’t as sharp as I’d like.

I don't like the frame either :) It's the generic frame I use on all my web images.

Thanks for all the input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back