Roots

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I couldn't decide whether to post this shot in black & white or as a silvertone image - so I went for full colour! Beech roots, struggling for grip and nourishment, on a hillside with shallow soil in the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Beech-roots-1.jpg

Very nice.
Weren't you afraid they'll grip you for nourishment?
Dani

Weren't you afraid they'll grip you for nourishment?

Teehee :lol: Dani, that is one good question!

Again here is a Tony-photo in which the quality of the composition is ever so much better than in the one that I took of late, of also a beech tree, similarly clinging to an area of sloping land... I would now no longer dare to show mine after I have seen THIS.

And what a choice: you did not know whether to go black&white or silverone (what does a silvertone image look like!?), so you went full colour!?! ;) Good choice, with a sky like that. But would you let me see a silvertone image?

Thanks for the comments Dani & Corinna. I couldn't make my mind up with this one. So, as they say on a well-known children's TV programme in the UK, "Here's one I prepared earlier!". Well two actually - the silvertone first, then the B&W. The difference between the two is subtle!!

Regards, Tony

Silvertone
Beech-roots-silver.jpg

Black & white (highish contrast)
Beech-roots.jpg

Well. VERY subtle.
Is the "silvertone" a tiny wee bit "bluer" than the normal black&white which seems to be warmer in comparison, more "red"? (If you can say so about b&w photos at all!?!?!)

Most reactions

Back