Rose and Whisky

zhang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1297464.jpg

Love the first, the first, the first!
The others cannot quite compete with how brilliant I think this first one is! Wonderful play with light, shadows, broken reflections and colours. Great one! Love that first! :D

On this one I have to be a little critical: In my eye (which ain't all that perfect), I try to target a single item and make it work. Including two objects in a scene requires that somehow they work together. If, for example, the whiskey bottle was pooling out and enveloping the rose, then we would have a story being told. Of course, the technique and lighting are quite good.

I think you are onto something here, but it requires a little more work to make it a Master's image.

DO NOT give up; you are this far, how about just another step forward?

www.jefferyraymond.com

Without really knowing, and without being able to "see" a picture like you do, Jeff, that might be the very reason why I like the first photo best of all, since in that one there is no such big competition: the whiskey only becomes apparent throught its reflection in which this rose "bathes". I can live with the foot of that glass as an explanation for where the reflection comes from.

All of these are really well done, but that first one is my fave. :thumbup:

Whoa those took a while to load, and I'm on a T1! But the wait was worth it. I love the first one the best, the color of the rose against the light coming through the bottle is beautiful.

Is the rose real? It's so vibrant in the first shot.. it's unbelievable!
The reflection, the colors, the beautiful partnership... I really like the first photo.

Most reactions

Back