Rose by another name.

marty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
I took this in the very early morning light of what turned out to be another 100 degree+ day down here.

I have it saved as a raw file but have no idea where to start with any photoshopping etc. Any advise or ideas much appreciated. I just downloaded
rawshooter, is this all I need?

http://www.aussieparts.com/rose.JPG

Does it not hotlink, Marty? May I try?

rose.JPG

Marty's photo - Marty's photo - Marty's photo!!!! Not mine!

It does!
Do you mind that the photo shows immediately?
Photos that show up immediately in the thread have a much better chance to get comments than links to the photos do. If you want to turn a link into a photo that shows, you just click on that little icon above which looks like a canvas of a mountain area with the sun - a circle really only..., then a new little communication window opens in the lefthand upper corner and in that you paste your URL. Watch for the http: / / that is already there... make sure you don't have it twice in the end.

Now as to your rose:
It would be a smashingly good photo if it weren't for the shadow on the right. But the water droplets are lovely!!! And I hope your rose survived your 100F-day!!! :D

Thanks for that! I agree, the shadow is a worry, due to the position of the sun directly behind the rose it was the only way to nail the shot and not go blind.

Taken with a D70s and standard lens. This is a great forum to share and learn, I love some of the work on show here, wish i was that good.

Thank you for the kind words, I have sooo long to go and so much to learn about getting the right shot. The rose survived the heat, and today is another hot one. 9.30 am and its already about 30degrees celcius. Happy new year!

That shadow could be quickly removed using a little digital afterworking. It doesn't affect the color of the rose itself at all (e.g. by "shining trough" as far as you can say that for a shadow). The background is almost completely uniform. so the most parts could be done with the clone tool quickly. The only two things to watch out would be the leave at the bottom and especially the edge of the rose but as it's a fairly sharp edge it shouldn't be too much of a problem either (especially on the original).

Maybe you should just give it a try, the rest if the picture is just too good.

If it's ok with you I could also try and show it here afterwards.

Thanks for offering to fix that, I just downloaded Photoshop 9CS and have the means if not the know how to experiment with the colours etc.

Looks washed out? I was facing directly into the sun at an angle and had basically eclipsed the sun with the rose. The shadow is my garage wall.

Anybody recommend a good starting point for serious close up or macro lense options for this camera? I like the close ups.

Most reactions

Back