Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
356375455_tZeBF-L.jpg

356375704_uJ8GT-L.jpg

356375883_iyZoF-L.jpg

Let me know what you think.. overall i was pretty happy with them.

Nicely done; two suggestions come to mind; one open your distance a little to achieve a greater DoF and increase your exposure a little bit.

Nicely done; two suggestions come to mind; one open your distance a little to achieve a greater DoF and increase your exposure a little bit.

Yea, I know.. The problem I've run into with the macro shots is DoF... That was shot at f13 with a shutter speed of 1/160. With the greater DoF, the darker the background will be. Im using a home made ring light with it aswell.

I like the slightly darker feel of these.. I added to that in the post processing of it.. But I totally agree on the DoF.

Yea, I know.. The problem I've run into with the macro shots is DoF... That was shot at f13 with a shutter speed of 1/160. With the greater DoF, the darker the background will be. Im using a home made ring light with it aswell.

I like the slightly darker feel of these.. I added to that in the post processing of it.. But I totally agree on the DoF.

I don't quite follow this... With respect to the issue of DoF, something I find that too many people do is get too close to the subject, wanting to see every last nuance of detail. Because the DoF in macro work is so shallow (it can be as little as a couple of mm or less) you're often better to back up from say 3" to 8"; granted you won't be quite as tight on the subject, but that's what the 'Crop' function on your image editor is for.

I don't quite follow this... With respect to the issue of DoF, something I find that too many people do is get too close to the subject, wanting to see every last nuance of detail. Because the DoF in macro work is so shallow (it can be as little as a couple of mm or less) you're often better to back up from say 3" to 8"; granted you won't be quite as tight on the subject, but that's what the 'Crop' function on your image editor is for.

Well, I don't like to crop really... I bought a macro lens to focus 1:1. If i didn't want to do that i could just crop using my kit lens and achieve basically what you are saying.

About the background. The ringlight flash doesn't make it to the background with a aperture of like f22.. which means the background is exposed just as it would be without a flash at that shutter speed.

Most reactions

Back