Rosette Nebula

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a high resolution image of the Rosette Nebula! This is a large two panel mosaic (panorama), captured over three intermittently clear nights. The Rosette Nebula is another of the wonderful targets in the Orion Constellation. The first image is true color, and the second image is converted to an HOO color pallet, which highlights the difference between the ionized hydrogen (gold) and oxygen (blue). I also included a cropped in image from the core of each of them. There is some incredible detail in there!

-Astro-Tech AT130EDT 130mm f/7 telescope with a 0.8x reducer, making it a 728mm focal length, f/5.6 scope.
-ZWO ASI2600MC Pro cooled camera
-ZWO EAF focuser
-iOptron HAE43 Strain Wave Gear mount
-Optolong L-Pro light polution filter
-Pegasus Astro Mini Powerbox
-Orion 60mm guide scope
-Orion Starshoot autoguider
-Controlled with a MeLE Quieter3Q mini PC running Windows

Software
-Sequence Generator Pro for acquisition
-PixInsight and Photoshop for image processing
-PHD2 guiding software

-93 x 180sec subexposures for each panel, 186 total
-calibrated with 20 each darks, flats, and dark flats
-Total integration time of 9.3hrs

Rosette Nebula 4 February 2024.jpg

Rosette Nebula 4 February 2024 Crop.jpg

Rosette Nebula HOO 4 February 2024.jpg

Rosette Nebula HOO 4 February 2024 Crop.jpg

Awesome again - I find the clarity quite incredible, I'm certainly no expert in this field at all but i do have a keen interest in space science - if there pictures were on NASA's website I would think them just as awesome. Must be a very nice feeling for you to see this end result. Super.

Another beautiful series! I'm glad the weather has been cooperative.

Keep them coming! :)

Awesome image.

Incredible!

Awesome again - I find the clarity quite incredible, I'm certainly no expert in this field at all but i do have a keen interest in space science - if there pictures were on NASA's website I would think them just as awesome. Must be a very nice feeling for you to see this end result. Super.
Thank you! It is very satisfying when one of these images comes out. There's so many things that can ruin it along the way that each have to go well to work.
Another beautiful series! I'm glad the weather has been cooperative.

Keep them coming! :)
Thanks! Apparently El Niño has been the culprit for such a cloudy winter so far. Hopefully it subsides soon.
More excellent space images... :encouragement:
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back