Rotory Wing Aircraft in action

aramator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just got home from iraq, in california now
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these are just a few pics a took out of my collection from spending time in the field. most of our supplies and personel were brought too and from base to our Jump Command Post. it was fun watching them, and if any one wants too see more of these i got alot of pic's

1. this is an army black hawk used for medical air lift or medivac.
medivac.jpg

2. A CH-53 which is mostly used for cargo but was carrying personel.
ch53.jpg

3. this is an Osprey, one of the coolest birds we got in the marine corps. the propellers rotate forward and backwards enabling it to hover over the ground if it needs too. really neat! and fun to ride in.
IMG_2621.jpg

Wow the effect of being in the desert adds a totally different aspect to these photos... so much power in them. I agree with the Osprey being a fun ride, I've had the great privilege of having a ride. My fathers works for UTC and they had one in town and were taking it for a routine practice so we got to go with them. :)

I like the shot of the V-22. That must be interesting to see it fly in person.

Ooh-rah!

i see you know alittle about the MC, huh:)

Wow the effect of being in the desert adds a totally different aspect to these photos... so much power in them. I agree with the Osprey being a fun ride, I've had the great privilege of having a ride. My fathers works for UTC and they had one in town and were taking it for a routine practice so we got to go with them. :)

they are a complete blast especially on take off, thats my favorite!

Hey !!! really cool photos. Your shots show me just how much of an effect all that sand has on the aircraft over there and the ***** it must be to maintain them. Thanks for the shots and thanks for being over there.

Yeah definitely haha, next on my to do list... Find a way to get a ride on a harrier. I'm upset because my father invited me to go to the Farnborough air show just outside of London, but I have work so I wasn't able to join him and watch the shows!

Also, do you have A-10's where you're at? If you ever get a chance, take a ride... All I can say is unbelievably fun

man its a pain in the you know what to take care of my camera out there, ill post some pic's of inside our trucks durring sand storms, you will be glad that you are were your at. thank god for pelican cases!!!!

3. this is an Osprey, one of the coolest birds we got in the marine corps. the propellers rotate forward and backwards enabling it to hover over the ground if it needs too. really neat! and fun to ride in.
IMG_2621.jpg

Love the Osprey...been building them for awhile now. It was pretty cool when the C.O. of the Thunder Chickens came through our plant about a month ago thanking all of us for our hard work in putting the V-22 together. :)

Great pictures, those are all amazing aircraft!

your photos are all really good and I like seeing them. I guess its kind of like a photojournalist definately post more!

Wow, really good action there. Was the Osprey kicking up that dust in the last photo, or was it just there?

I really like the first one as well (if it wasn't for the dust in the middle of the frame). Yet again, nice action shot.

Most reactions

Back