Royal Selangor Visitor Centre - The World's LARGEST PEWTER Company

mylo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've heard so much about Royal Selangor Pewter's creative designs and craftsmanship. So, I did some basic research on the world's largest pewter company and found out that the company set up a visitor centre in Kuala Lumpur.

So, I drove my car to Jalan Usahawan 6, Setapak Kuala Kuala Lumpur. It was a 45 minutes trip from my house. At first glance, the building look huge, modern and impressive - with striking transparent window panels. Overall I have to say the visitor centre is modern, impressive, educational packed and full of creative displays - I truly enjoyed my trip!

Here are some photos from my recent trip.

Picture 1 - Go GREEN + RECYCLE

PEWTER12_0176.jpg

Some REAL CREATIVE exhibits in the centre. Simple yet mesmerizing!

Picture 2 - Hands On The Wall

PEWTER27_0185.jpg

Hundreds of hand prints motifs on the wall belong to talented artisan that created over millions of world renowned pewter products

Picture 3 - The 5 - Star Petal

PEWTER17_0007.jpg

A red coloured flower blossoming on the compound of the visitor centre. Love the colouration of this flower - yellow (centre) and pinky red (outer)

Picture 4 - The Mold

PEWTER25_0127.jpg

The liquid pewter solidified instantly once it is poured into the mold! This lady is removing the handle for the pewter tankard.

Feel free to check out my photo blog and travelogue for more:
A Malaysian Photo Blog & Travelogue by myloismylife

Cheers!
mylo

Last edited:
That first, all green photo is ... :lovey: ... sooo green. Ah! I really like the point of view you chose for that one!

Number one has fantastic color. I keep going back and looking at it. A really nice shot. Number two is also very interesting, but the angle is a bit extreme. Would have loved to see a flat horizontal version of the same picture.

That first, all green photo is ... :lovey: ... sooo green. Ah! I really like the point of view you chose for that one!

Number one has fantastic color. I keep going back and looking at it. A really nice shot. Number two is also very interesting, but the angle is a bit extreme. Would have loved to see a flat horizontal version of the same picture.

LaFoto & mar1u5,

Thanks for the kind compliments!!! :hug:: I did not expect Picture 1 to turn out like that. Honestly, I HATE to take indoor photos - it's nearly impossible to get decent photos due to the irregular lighting.

Picture 2 is the exit point of the visitor centre - the escalator going up is the way up to the main entrance. I was figuring the best way to snap the place. Will do better next time :D

Two more photos:

Picture 5 - The 'Bony Leaf' At the PEWTER'S Garden

PEWTER_0006.jpg

Love those bony like features at the back of this leaf - remind me of fish bones :)

Picture 6 - CHEERS!

PEWTER7_0123.jpg

Tankards of pewter are stacked up to create a model of Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

Cheers!
mylo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back