Runner

Ady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a B&W I have been tweaking today.

4181065499_06b76a8c55_o.jpg

I get the same impression Wim does, but I dont mind it being too static. I find that blends in well with the serene background.

I do find there might be a tad too much sky in the photo.

And I also find that the blacks are a bit too dark, mainly in the runner, but I'm at work on a crappy Dell uncalibrated monitor, so that could easily be the reason

I find myself wishing that you had caught the runner a few seconds earlier so that he'd be smaller and in the lower right of the frame. That way, the lines of the road and the stone wall would be leading towards him. Having him smaller would have emphasized the serene majesty of the space he's running in almost as if to say what a small part of it all he is.

From a post-processing point of view, it looks like there's a slight halo around him from over-sharpening or...? Could be my monitor and/or lack of coffee, though.

Very nice image!

I have been meaning to alter the contrast in the runners torso/shorts - it is a little too dark. Thanks for feedback.

Personally, I like the processing of the photo (contrast, graytones, etc.). However, as a general rule (and there are no set rules), on a photo like this it's usually considered better composition to have the runner on the right (i.e., running into the picture) where he has someplace to run as opposed to on the left where he is running out of the picture. Also, with the runner on the right the road becomes the leading line directing view to the runner.

Personally, I like the processing of the photo (contrast, graytones, etc.). However, as a general rule (and there are no set rules), on a photo like this it's usually considered better composition to have the runner on the right (i.e., running into the picture) where he has someplace to run as opposed to on the left where he is running out of the picture. Also, with the runner on the right the road becomes the leading line directing view to the runner.

Interesting. I thought the opposite by having the runner coming out of the picture toward the viewer and the road/scenery in the background. There was more road in front of him but I did a crop as he was more to the left of the frame so cropped to make him even nearer the edge. I am restricted with the kit lens I have and want to capture the individuals fairly closely as opposed to further away but I guess I could alter the angle to give the effect you suggest. I have found more interest in a small group of runners rather than individuals and whilst out of competition due to injury I am enjoying taking shots of the sport I love.
Thanks for the feedback

Most reactions

Back