running water

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_0590r.jpg

other then a tripod, what other recomenndations do you have? this is one of my favorite digital shots and wonder how you would improve it

It does seem a little soft; as you mentioned, a tripod would fix that.

The bright green in the lower right corner is distracting, as it's almost the only color in the entire image.

this is actually a color photo... there just isn't any color in the picture other then those leaves :p should i desaturate to stop the distraction or just crop them out all together?

It is a little blown out in some spots but looks good other then that. I like the green in the shot it keeps your eyes moving around and looking. When I first looked at it I thought it was a b & w but then there is that green and I now can see a little color in the rocks. Good Job

Yeah, I think when you do a shot like this where you are intentionally blurring the rushing water it is important to make sure your focus is sharp on something stationary like trees or rocks. It would be fun to set it up then do one or more frames at each shutter speed from 1/500 through 1/2 or even 1 just to see the different effects.

I wouldn't crop any more from this ... but would desaturate those leaves. Amazing lack of colour in nature sometimes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back