Hoppy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
According to Lostprophet 8 miles from Purgatory
Website
www.ianhopgoodphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw the possibility of this shot 2 years ago on another wet summers day....
Just before sundays Sidecar world championship race the heavens opened, I had to get around the track (a long hike!!!) and down in position and wait, and was rewarded with 3 shots like this.

click for bigger version

commens please

Took me a minute to figure it out. At first i thought it was a poorly executed double exposure. But that i understand, WOW

Haha.

Sweet.

What a chance. Glad the planes came in while the bikes were going by, and those sidecar guys can get crazy!

Nice place for a track. Ppl can't complain about noise.

Took me a minute to figure it out. At first i thought it was a poorly executed double exposure. But that i understand, WOW

Thanks

Haha.

Sweet.

What a chance. Glad the planes came in while the bikes were going by, and those sidecar guys can get crazy!

Nice place for a track. Ppl can't complain about noise.

Thank you. I agree I think you have to be slightly crazy to go round in the chair...

Wild shot. I can't believe they let the runway and the racetracek cohabitate like that.

I was aiming for the shot to give that effect. In truth the East Midlands Airport is at the far end of the race track and quite seperate from each other. This was taken at the bottom of the Melbourne hairpin looking up the hill which, when the planes are on the right flight path, gives the effect of the bikes racing on the runway. The shot only seems to work when it is raining, as it makes the sky and the wet track nice and dark.

Thank you for your comments

Ian

Very cool shot. Those guys are nuts!

I love a lot of the shots on your site as well!

Good job!!! Thats a great shot!

Wow thats A really interesting place to shoot with the bikes coming over the hill. I really like it. ALOT

Thanks

Very cool shot. Those guys are nuts!

I love a lot of the shots on your site as well!

Got to agrre with you on the riders mental health!!! thanks for looking

Great shot.

Cheers

Good job!!! Thats a great shot!

Thanks alot. Now got to try and sell it!!! :er:

Most reactions

Back