Rural Decay I

Billy Webb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I have been kicking an ideal around for about 2 years now. My ideal is to create a gallery of images dedicated to these decaying and faltering small rural farms. Where i live there is a relative amount of family farms that have either sold off the pastures, or that have stopped farming, and the structures of barns and silo's have started falling into various states decay. I really think the make for an opportunity to tell the story thru my lense! I have a few images like this, and since i have been running out of lanscapes in my county to shoot(i think i may have shot about everything)i think i am going to start concentrating on this rural decay, comments and critiques always welcome, and i hope you enjoy
55390076.jpg

I like the idea, and I really like the shot.
I normally like this soft look you're using, but I think in this case, where you're trying to show the harshness and decay, that a sharper image would help portray that a little better?

The softness just gives it too much of an occupied sweet little place feel. I like the shot either way :)

I think its a great idea, it would take someone in the local area to do that sort of thing, no one else is going to bother. So its a unique opportunity to collaberate a bunch of images and maybe eventually show them all together in one book. I think the image here is quite haunting, but take woodsac's point. Maybe shoot soft and strong focus images and see how they work as a set. good job :thumbup:

awsome idea, i love b&w shots of old barns and buildings. i think its one of my favorite types of photography. I would love to see that gallery if you do it

Most reactions

Back