"Rural" UE

carly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
An old post office wherre my great grands homesteaded in 1890. They used it weekly. Feedback welcome!:hail:

Just one shoe left.

IMG_0054.jpg

There was a push button light switch here.
IMG_0050-1.jpg

The front:

IMG_0019.jpg

Door latch on inside

IMG_0010.jpg

The other side of this light fixture is pretty glass...the swallows built a nest on this side, over and over.
IMG_0002.jpg

I really like these, especially the weathered door and post office sign and the Swallow's nest. It is interesting that you have concentrated on small details, although I'm sure you took general views of the place that you haven't shared with us yet. The boot by the stove, the cracked plaster, the door latch, help to give a sense of the age of the place and the decay. Very atmospheric.

Numbers 1, 2 and 4 are not as sharp as they could be. I expect the low light in there forced you to use a fairly low shutter speed, but it may not have been convenient to use a tripod or maybe you didn't have one with you. Still an enjoyable series though, and the family connection is interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Kevin

I had a tripod with me but didn't use it due to the weird angle of the shots. i did get lots more. It was a weird place, too.

Thanks for the crit---first day with my new camera. :wink:
Carly

Most reactions

Back